do you like champagne?
I am also famous for liking champagne. (Laughs) Champagne is definitely an up drink. When I was in Girls’ Generation, I enjoyed creating a party atmosphere with the members, but I was always the leader. I remember that. I think champagne is a drink with a lot of good memories. So good. It's a drink that you can get to know the more you get to know, and it's fun to know that drinking without knowing can cause a lot of trouble.

It's painful for a few days if you sip and get drunk. Since filming is over, how about interviewing with just a glass of Golden Blanc champagne?
Good. When we were filming earlier, I drank a little from the bottle first. haha.

You said it was a drink with a lot of good memories, but at what moment do you usually think of champagne?
When I was in my 30s, I decided to drink alcohol only when there were happy things. When I was young, I drank alcohol to relieve the stress of the moment. There are so many episodes that I don't want to be. (Laughs) A lot of good things have happened this year, especially in the last 6 months. So I often thought of champagne.

What happened?
I started the musical <Chicago> and recently finished the main season well. That was a really big deal. It is such a great honor to be mentored by girls in various programs including <Girls Planet 999: Girls' War>. The YouTube channel <Breakfast at Tiffany's> is also meaningful. He is also preparing to debut in a drama with <The Youngest Son of a Conglomerate House>. Although it is a supporting role, I am more proud that I finally passed through several auditions.

It was difficult to meet you because you were so busy. While filming, I was humming or sobbing, but I thought it was like a musical. Do you think the genre of music is special?
The first opportunity I got was K-pop. Thanks to that, I met Girls' Generation, a true family. From a young age, I liked musicals that combine music, performance, and storytelling. Musicals have always been on my bucket list. Roxy Hartney from "Chicago". It's so exciting. I'm learning a lot and having fun.

The Seoul performance ended well, but the local performance is in full swing. Are you okay?
The tempo of a touring artist is similar to that of an athlete. It's important to manage your body and emotions well. After Girls’ Generation, I went on a bus tour while working as a solo artist in America. I rode the bus to dozens of states and stood on stage. I go back and forth between LA and Seoul once a week. I was so disciplined. I am having fun with the heart of going on a domestic tour.

It's possible because it's something you love with all your heart, right?
that's right. The energy that comes from doing what you love is special. I do a lot of things I don't want to do, so I know it well. (Laughs) I'm always honest, but there are many albums I've been working on as Girls' Generation that I don't like. With that time and experience, I am now doing what I really love. You don't know how hard it is to do what you love, even if it's hard. I want to do better.

From the moment I started promoting in the United States under the name of ‘Tiffany Young’ rather than Girls’ Generation’s ‘Tiffany’, I have been interested in their choices and moves. I thought it was cool to try.
I told the members when my contract with SM ended, that is, when I was given complete options. “I want to study first,” he said. I am a curious person. I like the process of working hard and getting what you want. I hate getting it for free. I wanted to invest a little more in myself. Since 2017, I went to acting school in the United States and went to auditions. I also work on songs.

Did you want to sing your own song?
I asked myself what I really wanted. There are only two things left, acting and music. The superficial looking packaging was perfectly learned. I suddenly wondered. There are songs that move people for a long time, but where does that power really come from? I only knew songs. After studying, when I take a certain chord in music, I have a feeling that the chord stimulates me. It exists as a rule. I learned that I can express the feelings and emotions I want through music as well as songs, and there is no reason not to choose it.

What have you gained from that process and effort?
freedom. Don't be afraid anymore, I've come to realize that honesty is the most wonderful and beautiful thing. In the meantime, I was also leaning on the typical femininity that society said and wanted. I decided not to do that anymore. Sometimes I'm quiet and sometimes I'm loud. What does that matter? For the past three years, listening and learning have been the biggest motives for me. How can you have a conversation, react, and empathize with other people's feelings when you listen to them and don't think about them? I spent a lot of time with myself.

I like the strange energy left in <Born Again>, which was released in the US in 2019. In all respects, it seemed like a statement to politely reject the image that had been overlaid on it.
It was the result of the previous process. With that in mind, I participated in the song. ‘I will be brave and dive deep into my emotions. Then I wrote the lyrics, ‘Does it feel like you were born again?’ “I lived because of my sister. There are many fans who said, “I lived because of my sister.” The feeling I felt when I heard those words will never be forgotten.

How is it now that you are back in Korea after taking a break from your activities in the US?
I think we have finally found a connection between Girls' Generation's 'Tiffany' and 'Tiffany Young'. Short if short, long if long There were many ups and downs in the three years of promoting in the US, but a lot of my inner circle has been organized. I know exactly who and what is important. I think it's time to choose that. I feel comfortable. mind, body and soul.





The gorgeous gold bottle of Champagne in her right hand is Golden Blanc, and the black jumpsuit is Maison Wester. The heel is the stylist's own.

The full interview and pictorial can be found in the November issue of <Allure Korea>.

CREDIT
Photographer    Kim Cham
Editor    Ji-woong Choi
Stylist    Kim Jung-young
Hair    soyun
Makeup    Jo Eun Bi    
Location    Swiss Grand Hotel
Source    ALLURE website